Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Lincoln Bleg

"Bleg?" Is that the right word for when you ask your readers for something?

Anyway, part of the reason I haven't been posting much is that I have been working my way through Carl Sandburg's Abraham Lincoln: The Prairie Years, which I checked out from the library. In reading it, I wanted to do some highlighting and take some notes (yes, I am a complete dork), so I'm looking for a copy to buy. Problem is, it looks like in most modern versions, The Prairie Years and The War Years have been condensed into one volume. I can't find just a version of The Prairie Years by itself.

Any suggestions on where to look? E-mail me or post a comment below. And yes, I will bore everyone with the details when I'm done reading it. A lot of great stuff.

UPDATE: Thanks to those who helped me look - I think I found what I was looking for. I'm glad I did - I checked the condensed modern version at Borders and it leaves out huge sections that I found most interesting.